Abbott Launches VOYAGER NC Coronary Balloon Catheter
March 10, 2009 - Abbott today launched the VOYAGER NC Coronary Dilatation Catheter, a next-generation balloon dilatation catheter with high-pressure capability designed to optimize the treatment of patients with coronary artery disease (CAD) during angioplasty procedures.
VOYAGER NC is now available in the U.S., Europe and select countries in Asia and Latin America.
The new VOYAGER NC system can be used for both pre-dilatation and post-dilatation procedures. Physicians can use VOYAGER NC to navigate tortuous anatomy and open up lesions before a stent is delivered, or expand a stent more precisely against the vessel wall after it is implanted.
The VOYAGER NC is available in a wide variety of diameters (from 2 mm to 5 mm) and lengths (from 6 mm to 25 mm) on a rapid exchange delivery system.
"When choosing a dilatation catheter, one of the key attributes interventional cardiologists look for is the ability to accurately deliver the balloon to the target lesion, particularly in challenging coronary anatomy," said Dean J. Kereiakes, M.D., medical director, The Christ Hospital Heart and Vascular Center in Cincinnati, OH. "VOYAGER NC delivers on its promise as a high performance balloon dilatation catheter with high-pressure capability, frequently making difficult cases easier, even when treating the most challenging lesions."
Proprietary technological advancements that Abbott engineered into the VOYAGER NC balloon dilatation catheter include:
• A specialized tip with a smooth, rounded shape designed to deflect off stent struts and enhance balloon delivery through stents.
• Flexible tungsten markers designed to help physicians navigate through arteries and properly position the balloon within a treatment area.
• Bi-layer balloon material designed to make the balloon thinner and more flexible, enabling controlled balloon growth.
For more information: www.abbott.com
More like this
- VOYAGER NC Coronary Dilatation Catheter Features a Specialized Distal Tip
- High-Pressure Balloon Introduced for Challenging Peripheral Lesions
- r4 Vascular Announces Clearance of PTA Balloon
- Invatec Launches REEF HP PTA Balloon Catheter in Europe
- Boston Scientific Launches Mustang PTA Balloon Catheter Worldwide