ACC 2012 Will Bring Latest Trends in Cardiology to Chicago
August 2, 2011 — The American College of Cardiology’s (ACC) 61st annual scientific session will highlight the organization’s focus on lifelong learning and practice improvement. The event will be held March 24 – 27, 2012 in Chicago.
New in 2012 will be a showcase and late-breaking session to start off the event Saturday, March 24. The ACC.12 Innovators will follow the end of the meeting at noon on Tuesday. In addition, a new interventional pathway was created called ACC-i2 with TCT (Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics.
ACC.12 will also feature a simple approach to registration. In an effort to promote continued integration and collaboration between the general cardiology and interventional cardiology communities, this year a full-access registration will offer all registered attendees access to ACC.12, ACC-i2 with TCT and the ACC.12 exposition.
This year's program reflects the passion for science, education and peer-to-peer networking that ACC president David Holmes, M.D., FACC, brings to his administration. Key focus areas for ACC.12 are:
- Promoting science with late-breakers, poster abstracts, new findings and more in the mornings and a focus on practical clinical applications and reviews.
- Facilitating physician competence with maintenance of certification sessions, the competency-based learning system to help select the sessions that best fill knowledge gaps, plus the launch of the life-long learning portfolio, delivering an individualized approach to education. Additionally, ACC will launch a point of care search engine providing clinical support tools on specific content from guidelines and consensus document in an effort to improve patient outcomes.
- Using alternative distance learning to promote ACC "everywhere" with simulcast to select international cities all day on Friday.
- Collaborative efforts with subspecialty societies to create a "family of cardiology" with co-branded sessions and abstracts throughout the meeting.
- Utilizing cutting-edge technology to involve the youngest ACC members including a new ACC.12 app, virtual Heart Hubs and more
Member registration opens on Wednesday, Sept. 14, and nonmember registration opens on Wednesday, Sept. 28.
For more information: www.accscientificsession.org