ACC Service Assists in Cardiac EHR Selection Process
August 19, 2010 – To help members of the American College of Cardiology (ACC) select and transition to an electronic health record (EHR) system, it has partnered with Welch Allyn to create a new service.
The Welch Allyn EHR Preparation and Selection Service (Prep-Select) is a professional consulting program. The program systematically guides physician practices through the complex EHR preparation and selection process by offering an optimal mix of expert consulting, an easy-to-follow 10-step project plan and an intuitive online tool that addresses the challenges associated with selecting an EHR vendor.
“This partnership with Welch Allyn is a smart move for everyone,” said David Salinas, specialist, healthcare technology at ACC. “So many of our members want to transition to an EHR, but are unsure how to begin the process. Having this service available to our members will help us increase EHR adoption and compliance among cardiologists across the country.”
The ACC began the search process by outlining seven minimum criteria to help choose the service, which would best suit members. These criteria included:
• Provide a list of clients that reveal the size of the practice and EHR selected
• Provide a list of recent clients for references
• Discuss ACC’s EHR optimal functional requirements with the client
• Well versed in EHR contracts and able to assist with negotiation, point out problem areas and suggest missing details
• Disclose biases about EHR selection process
• Service agreement includes completion of EHR selection
• Experience with cardiology specialists
“Preparing for and selecting an EHR is not something to rush into blindly,” said Jay Mangicaro, senior category manager, Integrated Partners at Welch Allyn. “The Welch Allyn EHR Preparation and Selection program offers an intuitive, step-by-step process to ensure success all the way through planning, selection and transition to implementation. This new partnership with the ACC will allow members easy access to the service and a chance to make the right EHR choice.”
The ACC website will dedicate a page to the EHR Preparation and Selection Services, with a direct link for members. In addition, Welch Allyn will provide links to ACC websites from its EHR services marketing website.
For more information: www.acc.org, www.welchallyn.com
More like this
- New Welch Allyn EHR Device Certification Establishes Criteria for Device Connectivity
- Welch Allyn, Inc.
- Cardiac Workstation Upgrade Includes Connection to Thin-Client EHRs
- Welch Allyn’s CardioPerfect Software Provides Pediatric Interpretation, Meets ATS Standards
- MediNotes and Welch Allyn Announce Integration of EMR System and Digital Diagnostic Devices