Accumetrics Features VerifyNow System at TCT 2008 Conference
Accumetrics will feature its VerifyNow System at TCT 2008, including its comprehensive suite of assays so physicians can assess their patient’s response to antiplatelet therapy in five minutes or less using whole blood, closed tube samples and with no pipetting or sample preparation required.
Unlike statins, antihypertensives, anticoagulants, and other critical therapies, antiplatelet medications are given with the assumption that all patients respond equally, but they do not. Up to one third of patients on antiplatelet medications may not receive the expected inhibiting effect.
The VerifyNow System is a one-step, ready-to-use test that measures platelet function in response to antiplatelet therapies, including aspirin, P2Y12 inhibitors (Plavix) and GP IIa/IIIb inhibitors (e.g. ReoPro and Integrilin). The VerifyNow System replaces more cumbersome and time-consuming methods, which makes simplified testing available at the point of care or for easy integration into any lab workflow. Whether in the hospital or in the physician’s office, the system is the most extensively studied rapid method and frontline choice for platelet function testing
More like this
- VerifyNow Test System Monitors Platlet Function, Therapies
- Accumetrics Gets $28.8 Million for GRAVITAS Trial
- Accumetrics Obtains CE Mark for Therapeutic Window Claim on the VerifyNow P2Y12 Test
- Accumetrics Sees Significantly Increased Interest in VerifyNow P2Y12 Test as Plavix Loses Patent Protection
- New CE Marked Prognostic Claim for the VerifyNow Test