Accumetrics Reviews Meta-analysis Anti-Platelet Therapy After PCI at TCT
September 18, 2009 – Patients’ response to anti-platelet therapy after percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) and its impact on clinical outcomes will be covered in a TCT 2009 breakfast symposium starting at 6:30 a.m. Wedensday, Sept. 23 in room 121 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
The session will help participants gain an understanding of the landscape of oral antiplatelet therapy in 2010 and review options of assessing response in antiplatelet therapy, and review the impact of platelet reactivity on clinical outcomes via a comprehensive meta-analysis.
The presentation includes:
• 7 a.m. – “Landscape of Oral Antiplatelet Therapy 2010,” presented by George Dangas, M.D., Ph.D.
• 7:10 a.m. – “Impact of Platelet Reactivity on Clinical Outcomes: A Meta-Analysis,” presented by
Somjot Brar, M.D.
• 7:25 a.m. – Case reviews and discussion moderator - George Dangas. Discussants include Germano Di Sciascio, Franz-Josef Neumann, M.D., Somjot Brar
• 7:50 a.m. – Discussion with audience questions
• 8 a.m. – Adjourn
The sponsor of the event is Accumetrics, maker of the VerifyNow System, which offers physician’s high level clinical data regarding their patient’s anti-platelet medications within minutes with an in-office test. The VerifyNow System assesses response to life-saving anti-platelet therapies, such as aspirin, Plavix, Effient and GP IIb/IIIa inhibitors. Patients respond to anti-platelet medications differently and these tests help physicians ensure their patients are receiving the optimal treatment.
For more information: www.accumetrics.com
More like this
- Accumetrics Gets $28.8 Million for GRAVITAS Trial
- VerifyNow Test System Monitors Platlet Function, Therapies
- Accumetrics Sees Significantly Increased Interest in VerifyNow P2Y12 Test as Plavix Loses Patent Protection
- New CE Marked Prognostic Claim for the VerifyNow Test
- Accumetrics Features VerifyNow System at TCT 2008 Conference