AGA Medical Wins Patent Infringement on Intravascular Occlusion Devices
August 1, 2007 - AGA Medical Corp. (AGA), owner of a European patent (EP 0 808 138) for intravascular occlusion devices and the method of forming or manufacturing these medical devices, announced that it has won its patent infringement lawsuit against Occlutech GmbH and DRABO Medizintechnik.
The action requested damages against Occlutech, DRABO and their CEOs plus a permanent injunction prohibiting them from manufacturing and marketing the infringing Figulla Occluder line of products. The court determined that Occlutech and DRABO infringed AGA's patent and granted AGA the right to enforce an order prohibiting the defendants from any manufacture, possession or sale of its infringing products. The preliminary judgment is subject to appeal.
For more information: www.amplatzer.com
More like this
- AGA Medical Wins Occluder Patent Validity Case Against Occlutech
- AGA Medical Begins Proceedings Against Occlutech to Recover Patent Infringement Damages
- AGA Medical Files Suit Against W.L. Gore Alleging Patent Infringement
- AGA Denied Permission to Appeal U.K. Patent Decision
- Occlutech CEO Wins Patent Lawsuit by St Jude-AGA Medical