All-In-One Access Kit Launched for Transradial Procedures
November 16, 2010 – An all-in-one micropuncture radial access kit is now available in the United States. The Glidesheath Nitinol Kit, by Terumo Interventional Systems, is for physicians who prefer transradial interventional procedures.
It is available with a .021-inch nitinol floppy palladium-tipped wire and a 21-gauge metal needle. The kit also includes everything the operator will need in one complete package.
Glidesheath Hydrophilic Coated Introducer Sheaths offer the full-length Terumo Glide Technology coating to ensure smooth, atraumatic insertion and removal even in the most difficult procedures. Its design provides optimal flexibility for kink resistance, while the cross-cut valve allows for easy insertion of catheters and devices, while offering uncompromised hemostasis.
Transradial access uses the arteries of the wrist, rather than the groin, to gain access to the heart.
For more information: www.terumois.com
More like this
- Introducer Kit Available With Either Hydrophilic Coating or Silicone Wipe
- Arrow International Combines Technology and Product Innovation
- New 8 Fr. Pinnacle Destination Guiding Sheaths for Use in Atherectomy, Stent Grafting
- Radial Access Offers Many Benefits to PCI
- The Basics of Guide Wire Technology