Aquarius iNtuition Exhibits Win Cum Laude Awards at RSNA 2008
January 9, 2009 - TeraRecon Inc. revealed yesterday that two exhibits featuring Aquarius iNtuition won Cum Laude awards at the recent Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Scientific Assembly at McCormick Place in Chicago.
Physicians from the University of Maryland and VA Baltimore worked with TeraRecon engineering to develop the award-winning exhibits, which provided new and innovative ways for clinicians to expand usability of CT and MR volumetric data sets and to be able to use that flexibility to communicate and share information throughout the radiology informatics environment.
The first exhibit was entitled "A Truly Clientless AJAX-based 3D Image Viewer for MIRC Based on an IHE-TCE-Compliant 3D Client-Server Solution." (1) It featured the AquariusWEB viewer, which was embedded seamlessly into the RSNA Medical Imaging Resource Center (MIRC) project for managing image-based teaching files for educational and research purposes.
The second exhibit, "Novel Uses of the Nintendo Wii Remote in the Navigation of Multidetector CT Datasets," (2) used the Wii-mote as an alternative to traditional mouse-based input, to manipulate and review volumetric CT data. Holding the Wii-mote in the hand removes the structured boundaries of a normal mouse and allows the user to remove the learning curve sometimes needed to manipulate a PC mouse. The Wii-mote approach, which is in effect a "6D mouse," says the company, is less costly than other professional devices that are available on the market to achieve a similar effect.
(1) LL-IN1069: K.M. Siddiqui, MD, Baltimore, MD; R. Moffitt; N.M. Safdar, MD; A.E. Flanders, MD; E.L. Siegel, MD (2008): RSNA Daily Bulletin, December 4, 2008, 1C. Retrieved December 23, 2008 from http://rsna2008.rsna.org/upload/35650_RSNA_Award_Winners.pdf
(2) LL-IN1089: S. Atluri, MD, Baltimore, MD; J.B. Patel, MD; J. Lee; R. Moffitt; K.M. Siddiqui, MD; R. Seth, MD; et al.(2008): RSNA Daily Bulletin, December 4, 2008, 1C. Retrieved December 23, 2008 from http://rsna2008.rsna.org/upload/35650_RSNA_Award_Winners.pdf
For more information: www.terarecon.com
More like this
- TeraRecon Exhibits at RSNA 2008 Win Cum Laude Awards
- TeraRecon's iNtuition 3D Solution Showcases Endovascular, Surgical Planning Clinical Tools
- TeraRecon's iNtuition 3D Solution Showcases Endovascular, Surgical Planning
- TeraRecon Introduces Aquarius iNtuition for Cardiac Imaging
- Vascular, Cardiovascular Imaging Gets Upgraded Toolkit