Arbor, Medtronic Close $20 Million Valve Licensing Agreement
January 28, 2008 - Arbor Surgical Technologies Inc. closed a $20 million dollar Series C financing round led by Medtronic Inc. as part of a licensing agreement, providing Medtronic with manufacturing, marketing and distribution rights to Arbor’s advanced trilobal pericardial valve technologies.
With the closing of this event, Arbor has raised approximately $54 million dollars to date. This financing event will allow Arbor to expand clinical trials of its core technologies, the Trilogy Aortic Valve System and the sutureless TRE implantation tool. These devices are designed to enable more surgeons to perform minimally invasive heart valve procedures.
Financial terms of the license agreement have not been disclosed. Arbor retains exclusive rights to the modular Trilogy Aortic Valve System and sutureless TRE implantation technologies.
For more information: www.arborsurgical.com
More like this
- Enrollment Begins for Sorin Sutureless Aortic Valve in Europe
- Self-Anchoring Aortic Heart Valve Receives CE Mark
- Medtronic Announces Heart Valve Technology Acquisitions
- FDA Grants IDE Trial for Sorin Group Perceval S Sutureless Aortic Valve
- First Commercial Implants of ATS 3f Enable Aortic Bioprosthesis Performed