Balloon Demonstrates Life of Over 8 Million Cycles
The intra-aortic balloon (IAB) is an minimally invasive technology designed to enhance blood flow to the heart and other organs for patients with diminished heart function.
During FDA testing, the new balloon was subject to extensive reliability testing and successfully demonstrated a life of over eight million cycles, which equates to more than 90 days of continuous operation. The 8F IAB is inserted percutaneously into a patient’s descending aorta and inflates and deflates in counterpulsation to a patient’s heart rhythm.
More like this
- MAQUET Receives CE Approval for MEGA Intra-Aortic Balloon
- Maquet Receives FDA Clearance, CE Mark for Sensation Plus Intra-Aortic Balloon
- ACC: Abiomed's Balloon Demonstrates Life of Over 8 Million Cycles
- Arrow Issues Class I Recall of Intra-Aortic Balloon Catheters
- Abiomed Gets FDA Clearance for Circulatory Support System