Bard’s Drug Coated Balloon, Below the Knee Clinical Trial Discussed at Leipzig Interventional Course
January 28, 2014
January 30, 2014 — Experts presented six-month LEVANT 2 trial results for C. R. Bard Inc.’s Lutonix drug coated balloon (DCB) and provided updates on the ongoing Lutonix Below the Knee (BTK) Clinical Trial at the Leipzig Interventional Course (LINC) in Leipzig, Germany.
The symposium took place Jan. 29.
• LEVANT 2 study design — Professor Dierk Scheinert, M.D., head of the Department of Medicine, Angiology and Cardiology, Park-Krankenhaus Hospital, Leipzig, Germany
• Single center experience global SFA registry — Michael Lichtenberg, M.D., Klinikum Arnsberg, Arnsberg, Germany
• BTK applications and Lutonix BTK Clinical Trial — Professor Marianne Brodmann, M.D., associate professor and assistant medical director, Division of Angiology, Medical University Graz, Austria
• Techniques in complex BTK cases — Francesco Liistro, M.D., San Donato Hospital, Arezzo, Italy
• Pre-clinical safety data and technology review — Renu Virmani, M.D., CVPath Institute, Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
• A single center experience with Lutonix — Peter Baron von Bilderling, M.D., Gefäßpraxis im Tal, Munich, Germany
Bard announced in June 2013 enrollment of the first patient in the Lutonix BTK Clinical Trial. The global and multi-center, randomized Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) trial is ongoing and is intended to compare the safety and effectiveness of the Lutonix 014 Drug Coated PTA Dilatation Catheter to a standard angioplasty balloon for the treatment of CLI. The trial is expected to enroll several hundred patients at 55 sites worldwide.
For more information: www.crbard.com
More like this
- Bard Completes Enrollment in IDE Drug-Coated Balloon Trial
- Bard Announces First Patient Enrolled in Lutonix Below the Knee (BTK) Clinical Trial
- First Patient Enrolled in Lutonix U.S. Drug-Coated Balloon Pivotal Trial
- FDA Pivotal Trial Examines Safety, Efficacy of Drug-Coated Balloon Angioplasty
- Bard Acquires Drug-Eluting Balloon Maker Lutonix