Bayer Partnership Delivers Dose Management Offering
June 8, 2012 — Bayer HealthCare announced the formation of a strategic partnership with Radimetrics Inc. that will offer U.S. healthcare professionals the industry’s first computed tomography (CT) dose management software portfolio to include radiation and contrast dose tracking. Through the agreement, Bayer will distribute the Radimetrics eXposure Radiation Dose Management (RDM) software in addition to Bayer’s existing contrast-focused dose management solution.
The addition of radiation tracking to Bayer’s existing contrast-focused dose management solution allows healthcare professionals throughout the entire radiology workflow — the ordering physician, radiologist, technologist, clinical physicist, radiation safety officer and administration — to track, monitor and manage each patient’s radiation and contrast dose. The expanded portfolio enables reliable, automated radiation and contrast-dose information administration and provides tools that support patient safety management and regulatory reporting requirements while improving quality assurance.
The eXposure product integrates seamlessly with existing picture archiving and communication system/radiology information systems (PACS/RIS) solutions. When radiologists add eXposure to their toolbox, they can:
• track and review doses using a variety of measures, including CTDI vol, DLP, SSDE, absorbed organ dose and effective dose based on ICRP 60 and ICRP 103 definitions;
• incorporate size-adjusted estimates for dose;
• ensure end-to-end compliance with incorporated protocol management;
• review alerts according to protocol-specific thresholds that are based on patient age, gender, size and clinical context to minimize unnecessary interruptions, and
• utilize flexible reporting systems with customizable dashboards.
For more information: www.medrad.com