Boston Scientific Highlights Stentplus Patient Compliance Program at AHA
November 5, 2007 – Boston Scientific Corp. highlighted at the American Heart Association conference its new Stentplus Patient Success Program, which provides tools designed for a cardiology team to assist drug-eluting stent patients—regardless of stent brand—to comply with dual anti-platelet therapy.
The primary goal of the program is to help improve patient adherence and patient outcomes through educational tools and assistance in identifying financial resources.
Three primary factors, according to the program, contribute to patient noncompliance with dual anti-platelet therapy. The first is education as patient recall of information received during physician visits is generally no more than 50 percent. Forgetfulness is a contributing factor to noncompliance is that patients frequently forget to take their medication each day as prescribed. Finally, financial challenges associated with paying for prescription drugs.
The Stentplus Program offers educational materials, including DVD; personalized medication reminders; information about financial assistance programs; and Stentplus.com for more patient information and resources for family members and caregivers.
For more information: www.bostonscientific.com
More like this
- ACC3: Boston Scientific Combats Late Stent Thrombosis with Plavix Compliance Program
- Boston Scientific, Cordis, Present Data to FDA
- Stent, Duel Anti-Platelet Study Enrolls First Patient
- Boston Scientific Features New Everolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent
- Boston Scientific Welcomes FDA Panel Recommendation for PROMUS / XIENCE V