CardiacAssist Reaches New Milestone with 1000th TandemHeart Procedure
July 26, 2007 - CardiacAssist Inc., a Pittsburgh-based medical device company, announced it has completed the 1000th worldwide procedure utilizing the TandemHeart System, which is used in 20 ranked heart and heart surgery hospitals.
The procedure took place at Texas Heart Institute where CardiacAssist past the 1000th procedure mark. The TandemHeart System is an extracorporeal circulatory support system that provides systematic extracorporeal circulatory support through a rapid cardiac catheterization procedure. The TandemHeart System is designed to provide 5.0 lpm of flow in the cath lab without the need for cardiac surgery.
For more information: www.cardiacassist.com
More like this
- Five New Hospitals Adopt TandemHeart System
- Chicago Heart Centers Add TandemHeart to Toolbox
- CardiacAssist Expands Market Penetration of TandemHeart in Cath and EP Labs
- CardiacAssist Partners with Mentice to Showcase Transseptal Puncture Training Simulation
- 1,300th TandemHeart System Procedure Completed