Cardigant to Develop Electroporation-Based Intravascular Drug Delivery System Based on Inovio Technology
June 15, 2009 - Inovio Biomedical Corp. said today it granted an option to a commercial license to develop intravascular catheters using its proprietary electroporation technology to Cardigant Medical Inc. to treat vascular conditions, such as vulnerable plaques.
Inovio preclinical and interim clinical data have shown the capability of the company’s electroporation technology to dramatically enhance cellular uptake of drugs and genes, and, in the case of genes, levels of gene expression. These characteristics may enhance the utility of drug or gene-based therapeutics for treating a variety of vascular conditions, including vulnerable plaques and others requiring revascularization.
For more information: www.inovio.com
More like this
- New Methods to Detect Vulnerable Plaque
- Utilizing MRI to Measure Blood Flow Over Atherosclerotic Plaques May Aid in Detection of Dangerous Plaques
- Study Shows vProtect Luminal Shield Stabilizes Vulnerable Plaque
- OCT Registry Targets Vulnerable Plaque
- FDA Clears IVUS System Combining Near-Infrared Spectroscopy