Cardinal Health Introduces New Technology to Help Nuclear Medicine Improve Integration, Efficiency
June 15, 2012 — At the Society of Nuclear Medicine’s (SNM) 59th Annual Meeting in Miami Beach, Fla., June 9-12, Cardinal Health introduced new technology enhancements that make it possible for hospital nuclear medicine departments and imaging centers to seamlessly improve data integration and the overall efficiency of their operations.
“We understand that our customers are constantly looking for ways to work better, faster, smarter and more efficiently. They’re looking for ways to simplify the way they work, so they can spend more time with patients,” said John Rademacher, president of Cardinal Health’s Nuclear Pharmacy Services business. “Our new technology enhancements help fill those customer needs, enabling them to spend less time on tasks like scheduling, ordering and data entry, and more time on patient care.”
The technology enhancements Cardinal Health introduced include:
- New features and functionality for Syntrac Integration Tools: Cardinal Health’s Syntrac Integration Tools serve as a department management system for imaging centers and hospital nuclear medicine departments. Via an HL7 interface, Syntrac Integration Tools can now integrate with customers’ health information systems, helping to drive higher efficiency in scheduling, ordering and inventory receiving processes. This data integration can help users improve the accuracy and consistency of data across multiple workstations and technologies, and across multiple facilities. It also helps users decrease the amount of staff time spent on managing and updating data in multiple systems. In addition, the tabbed interface and intuitive design make it easier for users to compile, analyze and share patient, procedure and medication usage information, in multiple electronic formats, with other members of their healthcare facility.
- A faster, more efficient way to order radiopharmaceuticals: Syntrac Integration Tools integrates with Cardinal Health’s Web Ordering technology, which imaging centers and hospital nuclear medicine departments use to order patient-specific doses of radiopharmaceuticals. Orders can be placed directly from the Syntrac Integration Tools main dashboard, and users can also download inventory packing lists without keying in the information or scanning individual unit dose barcodes. The mobile-optimized Web Ordering site also enables users to track their radiopharmaceutical orders via smart phone.
- Faster, more efficient billing: Cardinal Health also now offers customers fully automated EDI (electronic data integration) electronic invoicing. By providing a direct electronic interface between Cardinal Health billing systems and customer accounts payable systems, this functionality manually populates invoice fields, eliminating the need for customers to manually enter information to process payments.
For more information: www.cardinalhealth.com
More like this
- Cardinal Health to Open Multiple Manufacturing Facilities for PET Imaging Agents
- Cardinal Health Previews Molecular Imaging Collaboration Center At SNM
- Cardinal Health Launches Molecular Imaging Collaboration Center
- Cardinal Health Acquires PET Imaging Agent Operator
- Cardinal, GE Broaden Imaging Agent Access