CIRS Introduces Vascular Access Training Phantom
April 22, 2009 – CIRS today introduced the Model 072 Vascular Access Training Phantom Kit, which is designed to provide a realistic training medium for needle insertion.
It is made from a durable elastometric compound mimicking the tactile feel and puncture resistance of soft tissue. This self-healing material has realistic acoustic properties allowing imaging of the simulated palpable vessels under ultrasound. The phantom includes one bifurcated vessel and two straight walled vessels at a variety of depths and diameters to simulate a range of challenges often encountered in the clinical environment. The phantom can be easily replenished without leaking using a syringe included in the kit. A stopcock enables increased vessel pressure for more realistic simulation, the company said. The kit also includes needles and a supply of simulated blood. The phantom requires no special handling and will not dry out, the company said.
For more information: www.cirsinc.com
More like this
- CIRS Offers QA for Ultrasound-Guided Prostate Brachytherapy
- Injection Phantom for Needle Placement Training
- Head & Torso Freepoint Phantom Offers Complete QA for CT, Dose Verification
- MedaPhor Announces University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle as First U.S. Customer for ScanTrainer
- LaparoscopyVR Surgical Simulation System Introduced