Cleveland Clinic Summits to Focus on Cardiovascular Innovation
September 27, 2007 - Cleveland Clinic is hosting two upcoming Summits that will focus on medical innovation and emerging trends in cardiovascular medicine, in response to new developments driving new therapies, treatments and devices to treat cardiovascular disease.
The 5th annual Cleveland Clinic Medical Innovation Summit will examine trends in medical innovation and cardiovascular technologies. The conference will also feature the Cleveland Clinic’s annual selection of the “Top 10” healthcare innovations.
The second summit, The 21st Century Treatment of Heart Failure, is scheduled for October 18-20, held in cooperation with the American Association for Thoracic Surgery (AATS) and the American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF). This program features an advanced review of emerging medical and surgical treatments of heart failure, and covers topics that include: new therapies to reverse remodeling; drugs, genes, and cellular targets; the newest assist devices, with an update on the total artificial heart and rotary pumps; the latest treatment guidelines; and breakthrough findings on the epidemiology of systolic and diastolic heart failure.
For more information: www.clevelandclinic.org and www.clevelandclinic.org/innovations/summit/
More like this
- Medical Innovation Summit Set for November
- Cardiovascular Technologies Highlighted at Cleveland Clinic Medical Innovation Summit, Oct. 1-3
- Ten Emerging Technologies Will Shape Healthcare Next Year, Hospital Predicts
- Top Heart Hospital Adds Technology Development Lab
- Father of World’s Only FDA, CE Approved Total Artificial Heart Dies at 97