Concentric Medical Launches Distal Access Catheter
October 20, 2008 - Concentric Medical Inc. today launched the Merci Distal Access Catheter, or DAC, which provides neurointerventionalists easier distal access and enhanced support during minimally invasive procedures in the brain.
The company said it is also a valuable tool when using the Merci Retrieval System to remove thrombus in patients suffering an ischemic stroke.
The Merci Distal Access Catheter was evaluated at more than a dozen leading medical institutions in the U.S. and Europe. "After using the Merci Distal Access Catheter in challenging arterial and venous applications, I am impressed by its deliverability and additional support. I can foresee the DAC becoming a standard for neurovascular interventions in tortuous anatomical settings,” said Raul Nogueira,M.D., interventional neurologist at the Massachusetts General Hospital.
The DAC is commercially available in the U.S. and Europe.
For more information: www.concentric-medical.com
More like this
- Concentric Introduces New Neurovascular Retrievers
- New Family of Neurovascular Retrievers Launched by Concentric Medical
- First Patients Enrolled on Stroke Clot Retrieval Trial
- Concentric Medical, InTouch Health Partner to Advance Acute Ischemic Stroke Care
- FDA Clears Neurovascular Retriever for Use in Stroke Patients