Cook Will Pursue Further German Infringement Action Against Edwards Over Heart Valve Technology
March 20, 2009 - Cook Inc. said yesterday it will promptly appeal an initial ruling by the District Court of Düsseldorf, Germany denying the company’s claim that Edwards Lifesciences is infringing Cook’s German patent for transcatheter valve technology.
Cook filed the action in February 2008, claiming that the Sapien THV valve made by Edwards infringes Cook’s German patent. Despite the decision today, the company remains convinced that the Edwards product infringes Cook’s. In addition, Cook legal counsel stressed that the company is committed to establishing and defending its patent rights in this growing field of medical technology on a global basis.
For more information: www.cookmedical.com
More like this
- Cook Wins Stent Graft Patent Infringement Appeal Filed By Edwards
- Edwards Prevails in Heart Valve Patent Infringement Case Against Cook
- Edwards Lifesciences' Transcatheter Valve Patent Found Valid in U.K. Court
- Court Says CoreValve Infringes Patent, to Pay $74 Million
- German Appeals Court Says CoreValve Does Not Infringe Edwards' Patent