Cordis, ClearStream to Co-Distribute PTA Balloon Catheters
April 18 — Cordis Corp. and ClearStream Technologies Group, plc, announced today the signing of a definitive distribution agreement whereby Cordis will market ClearStream's most advanced percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) balloon catheters under the brand names SLEEK and SAVVY LONG PTA Balloon Dilation Catheters.
The SLEEK and SAVVY LONG peripheral balloons will be marketed by the Cordis Endovascular division of Cordis Corp. The companies expect the products will be commercially available in countries outside the U.S. starting in the second quarter of 2007.
The devices will feature lengths up to 120 mm for treating long diffuse disease, and a lubricious coating for increased crossability in tight lesions. The SLEEK Balloon will be the first and only .014" guide wire-compatible, rapid-exchange (RX) balloon fully dedicated to infrapopliteal vessels, while the SAVVY LONG Balloon will provide an .018" guide wire-compatible, over-the-wire (OTW) alternative for both superficial femoral and infrapopliteal arteries.
For more information visit www.cordis.com.
More like this
- Cordis Launches New Peripheral Angioplasty Balloon Catheters
- Cordis Expands PTCA Portfolio with SLEEK, SAVVY
- Cook Medical Launches Advance 18LP PTA Balloon Dilatation Catheter
- Invatec Introduces Ampherion Deep Long Balloon for Easier Access to Arteries Below the Knee
- Longer, Larger Scoring Balloon Catheters Target PAD