Cordis Expands PTCA Portfolio with SLEEK, SAVVY
May 6, 2008 - Cordis Corp. U.S. launch of the SLEEK and SAVVY Long PTA Balloon Dilatation Catheters, representing the company's most advanced percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) balloon catheters.
"These products incorporate our most advanced balloon technology and underscore our commitment to providing physicians with a full range of treatment options for patients with peripheral vascular disease," said Todd M. Pope.
The SLEEK Balloon is one of the first .014-inch guidewire compatible rapid-exchange balloons fully dedicated to infrapopliteal vessels, while the SAVVY Long Balloon provides an .018-inch guidewire compatible over-the-wire (OTW) alternative for both superficial femoral and infrapopliteal arteries. With balloon lengths up to 220 mm, the longest available for superficial femoral and infrapopliteal use, the SLEEK and SAVVY Long Balloons may enable physicians to treat long, diffuse lesions with fewer inflations and faster procedures compared to traditional PTA balloons.
More like this
- Cordis Launches New Peripheral Angioplasty Balloon Catheters
- Cordis, ClearStream to Co-Distribute PTA Balloon Catheters
- AngioScore Expands Recall of Scoring Balloons
- Longer, Larger Scoring Balloon Catheters Target PAD
- Invatec Introduces Ampherion Deep Long Balloon for Easier Access to Arteries Below the Knee