Corgenix Offers AspirinWorks to Test Platelets for Heart Disease, Stroke Patients
Corgenix Medical Corp. offers the Corgenix AspirinWorks platelets test kit product for patients with heart disease or stroke.
AspirinWorks is a simple urine test that determines the effect of aspirin on platelets by measuring the level of thromboxane production (aspirin's target). The higher the levels of thromboxane, the stickier the blood platelets, and the less impact the aspirin is having. This crucial information allows physicians to individualize a patient's aspirin therapy.
Unlike other platelet tests, which require freshly drawn blood that must be evaluated within at least 4 hours, the current AspirinWorks test only requires a urine sample that can be obtained in any doctor's office or patient service center, making the test easy for both physician and patient.
More like this
- Corgenix Signs Deal to Automate Platelet Test Kit Processing
- Corgenix AspirinWorks Test Now Offered Through Quest Diagnostics
- Corgenix Obtains European Patent for Aspirin Resistance Testing
- Corgenix AspirinWorks Test Kit Cleared by FDA
- Atherotech Diagnostics Lab Adds Corgenix AspirinWorks Test for Aspirin Effect