Digital Imaging System Gives Clearer View of Coronary, Peripheral Vessel Morphology
The integration of Volcano’s intravascular ultrasound imaging (IVUS) capabilities into GE Healthcare’s Innova all-digital X-ray cath lab imaging system creates a digital cardiovascular imaging system designed to give a clearer view of coronary and peripheral vessel morphology in a more accessible manner than previously available.
The integrated product, which will be commercialized under the name “Innova IVUS,” is made possible, in part, due to Volcano’s latest PC-based IVUS platform that reduces the size, weight and noise of the IVUS console, allowing the unit to be located in the control room or in other areas outside of the daily traffic pattern of the cath lab.
With integrated IVUS, clinicians have easier access to imaging tools that can help them better determine the extent of cardiovascular disease and assist in performing therapeutic procedures such as stent placement and assessment. It is also intended to help physicians determine the length of lesion as well as optimal stent length and diameter. Innova IVUS allows clinicians to access IVUS commands on the Innova Central touchscreen. Clinicians have the option of using additional IVUS control devices as well, such as a trackball or joystick.
More like this
- Digital Imaging System Gives Clearer View of Coronary, Peripheral Vessel Morphology
- Ultrasound Catheter Used to Visualize Entire Heart in Multiple Procedures
- Partnership Makes IVUS System Compatible With Angiography
- Editor’s Choice for Most Innovative Technology at ACC 2012
- Editor’s Choice of Most Innovative New Technology at ACC 2013