New Web-Based Calibration Software for Displays
June 8, 2011 - Double Black Imaging (DBI) highlighted several new products this week at the Society of Imaging Informatics in Medicine (SIIM) 2011 meeting.
X-Cal Web Calibration Suite allows both complete front DICOM calibration and quality assurance (QA) of DBI liquid crystal displays (LCDs) as well as the ability to track and manage calibrations for non-DBI LCDs.
DICOM calibration and conformance must be done from the front of the LCD. This either requires a photometer for manual calibrations or built in front sensors. X-Cal consists of two components, a local agent package and a network administrative package that is now easily accessible via the Web.
Paired together with DBI displays, this software and hardware combination allows:
- Remote calibration of each display to the DICOM gray-scale display function (GSDF)
- Easy monitoring of each display from a remote central location
- Automatic Email notifications sent when service is required
- Total control of display settings, adjustments and launching of calibrations/conformance remotely
Other functions X-Cal offers include:
- Ability to track calibrations, hours and receive reminder alerts for non-DBI LCDs
- Scheduling of automatic calibration and conformance tests
- Immediate access to both table formatted and graphical results
- Automatic receipt of TG-18 visual tests for MQSA compliance
- Allows for compensation of ambient light, luminance and other workstation settings
- The user may view and save historical data on white level, black level, calibration and conformance test for JCAHO/MQSA and other medical certifications
- Workstation system performance information
Another software component is the DICOMetrix – PACS Performance Monitoring software that measures DICOM images per second (IPS) or images per minute (IPM) as well as general network traffic.
There are three levels that comprise the DICOMetrix Software Suite:
• DICOMetrix Client monitors the workstation level (Rad station, CD burner, Rimage, film scanners, etc.) and gives real-time speed of the images coming into that station.
• DICOMetrix Server resides on the DICOM Server and monitors IPs sending into this server, as well as outgoing traffic.
• DICOMetrix Enterprise Server monitors all clients and servers in one easy to access location. After base-lining the system, it also allows alerts to be set and notifications sent if speed levels drop below the set tolerance.
For more information: www.doubleblackimaging.com