Edwards Prevails in Heart Valve Patent Infringement Case Against Cook
June 12, 2009 - Edwards Lifesciences Corporation announced today that the U.K. High Court of Justice determined Cook Inc.'s U.K. transcatheter valve patent as invalid and not infringed by the Edwards SAPIEN transcatheter valve.
As previously announced, the District Court of Düsseldorf, Germany, determined in March 2009 that Edwards does not infringe Cook's German patent. Edwards has a separate lawsuit claiming invalidity of Cook's German transcatheter valve patent. Many expect to hear this lawsuit in Munich in 2010.
For more information: www.edwards.com
More like this
- Edwards Lifesciences' Transcatheter Valve Patent Found Valid in U.K. Court
- Cook Will Pursue Further German Infringement Action Against Edwards Over Heart Valve Technology
- German Appeals Court Says CoreValve Does Not Infringe Edwards' Patent
- Court Says CoreValve Infringes Patent, to Pay $74 Million
- Jury Finds Valve Infringes on Edwards' Patent