External Pacemakers Feature Simplified Design
April 14, 2010 – Two external pacemakers were launched in Europe today that offer an intuitive design for safer usage in emergencies and temporary patient care.
Two models of the Reocor external pacemaker received European CE-mark for dual and single chamber pacing therapy. The system is designed for simplified usage and extended longevity that increases reliability and reduces costs over time. The function dials display selectable parameter values and allow visualization at a glance.
Extended battery service times of up to 25 days, supplemented with a backup power supply during battery replacement, increases patient safety and longer continuous usage. The new device also accommodates high pacing outputs.
For more information: www.biotronik.com
More like this
- Biotronik Introduces New External Pacemaker
- World’s First Pacemaker Series With Event-Triggered IEGM Transmissions Gains CE Mark
- Wrap Helps Reduce Pacemaker, Defibrillator Infections
- Cardiac Pacemakers Market to Reach $3.7 Billion by 2010
- Biotronik Home Monitoring Reduces Inappropriate ICD Shocks by 52 Percent