FDA Clears Generic Blood Pressure Medication
March 23, 2010 – The FDA granted approval for diltiazem hydrochloride extended-release tablets to treat hypertension, which is the generic equivalent to Biovail Laboratories International SRL's Cardizem LA product.
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. will produce the generic drug and plans for its immediate release. For the 12-months ending Dec. 31, 2009, Cardizem LA had total U.S. sales of approximately $94.1 million, according to IMS Health.
For more information: www.watson.com
More like this
- Generic Beta-Blocker Receives FDA Approval
- Watson Pharmaceuticals Receives FDA Approval for Generic Toprol XL
- FDA Approves Generic Version of Blood Pressure Medication
- FDA Proposes Withdrawal of Low Blood Pressure Drug
- EKR Therapeutics Approved for Intravenous Bags of Cardene Calcium Channel Blocker