FDA Gives 510(K) Clearance to InnerCool's RapidBlue Endovascular System
October 21, 2008 - Cardium Therapeutics and its operating unit InnerCool Therapies Inc. said the FDA gave 510(k) clearance to market the RapidBlue System, an endovascular temperature modulation device.
InnerCool’s RapidBlue System is a thermal regulating system designed to manage and control patient body temperature. This new system automatically cools or warms patients, as necessary, to quickly and controllably achieve and then maintain a desired body temperature. RapidBlue provides rapid or gradual temperature control for all patient sizes. Its closed loop catheter-based system modulates whole body temperature, without fluid introduction or exchange, by circulating cool or warm saline within the interior of the catheter. RapidBlue is reportedly powerful enough to quickly cool awake patients and may eliminate the need to use paralytic agents. The system reportedly combines a high-performance programmable console with an enhanced user-friendly interface.
For more information: www.cardiumthx.com
More like this
- Temperature Modulation Can Save Cardiac Arrest Victims
- INNERCOOL Therapies Presents Next-Generation Patient Temperature Modulation Systems
- Science Channel Features InnerCool’s Endovascular Cooling During Brain Surgery
- Innercool's CoolBlue System is Designed to Save Cardiac Arrest Victims
- Rapid Hypothermia After Heart Attack Shows Positive Effects