FiatLux Advanced Imaging Software Based on Video Game Technology Gets FDA Clearance
August 19, 2008 - FiatLux Imaging Inc. today released its FiatLux Visualize medical imaging application that capitalizes on advanced video game technology to create 2D/3D images from CT and MRI scans at a fraction of the cost of current medical imaging technology.
The company received Federal FDA 510k clearance for its FiatLux Visualize last week.
Engineers at FiatLux Imaging have leveraged the functionality of DirectX game programming protocols to create a powerful, easy-to-use medical image analysis tool for use by physicians. The cost of the program is under $3,000 and runs on off-the-shelf PCs and laptops with standard graphics cards, and offers an affordable and portable alternative to traditional, costly, dedicated 2D/3D processing workstations.
For more information: www.fiatluximaging.com
More like this
- FiatLux Introduces Advanced Imaging Software Based on Video Game Technology
- FiatLux Introduces Enhancements to Visualize 3D Application
- FDA Clears Video-Based 3D Image Processing Software
- FiatLux Imaging to Showcase Advanced Portable 3D Visualization on Philips CliniScape
- FiatLux Imaging, Panasonic to Showcase 3D Software for Mobile Healthcare Computers