French Patent Court Rules Against Abbott’s DES
Jan. 5, 2007 — A French court has ruled that Abbott Laboratories’ Xience V drug-eluting coronary stents infringe patents that are under exclusive worldwide license to Medtronic from evYsio Medical Devices ULC.
AFX News Limited reports that the Tribunal de Grande Instance de Paris ruled that Abbott's Xience V DES infringes evYsio's European Patent No. EP-B- 0 888 093 and has awarded evYsio the right to enjoin the importation, offering for sale, or sale of the Xience V stent in France.
evYsio, a private Canadian company, says the court ruled in its favor in a patent infringement lawsuit it brought against affiliates of Abbott. The injunction is in effect, however, Abbott may appeal the decision.
According to an AFX article, evYsio as well as Medtronic have started infringement lawsuits in other countries alleging that Abbott's MULTI-LINK Vision and/or Xience V coronary stents infringe patents in the U.S., Ireland, the United Kingdom and Germany.
More like this
- Judge Backs Abbott Over Medinol In Dispute on Heart-Stent License
- Cook Wins Stent Graft Patent Infringement Appeal Filed By Edwards
- Courts Decide on Boston Scientific, Johnson & Johnson Stent Patent Disputes
- Federal Court Says J&J Not Infringing on Boston’s DES Patent
- Appellate Court Rules in Favor of Boston Scientific in Stent Patent Case