Funding Raised to Launch New IVUS-Plaque Imaging System
October 14, 2010 – A new round of equity financing will help launch the LipiScan IVUS Coronary Imaging System in the United States. InfraReDx raised $21 million to launch the first system to combine intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) with the company’s near infrared (NIR) spectroscopy.
The system is designed to detect lipid-core-containing plaques and assess coronary artery lipid core burden.
This round of investment attracted new institutions as well as existing investors, including Sanderling Ventures.
For more information: www.infraredx.com
More like this
- InfraReDx Raises $24.1 Million to Fund Expansion of LipiScan IVUS
- Coronary Imaging System Detects Acute Stent Thrombosis With Lipid Core Plaque
- Combined IVUS, Spectroscopy Imaging Device Featured in Live Cases
- Near Infrared Diffuse Spectroscopy Laser Targets CAD
- IVUS Coronary Imaging System Gets CE Mark