Funding Raised to Launch New IVUS-Plaque Imaging System
October 14, 2010 – A new round of equity financing will help launch the LipiScan IVUS Coronary Imaging System in the United States. InfraReDx raised $21 million to launch the first system to combine intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) with the company’s near infrared (NIR) spectroscopy.
The system is designed to detect lipid-core-containing plaques and assess coronary artery lipid core burden.
This round of investment attracted new institutions as well as existing investors, including Sanderling Ventures.
For more information: www.infraredx.com
More like this
- Funding Raised to Launch New IVUS-Plaque Imaging System
- Ultrasound Catheter Used to Visualize Entire Heart in Multiple Procedures
- Partnership Makes IVUS System Compatible With Angiography
- New Methods to Detect Vulnerable Plaque
- PROSPECT Study Provides New Insight into Role of Vulnerable Plaque in Heart Disease