GHX Awards Recognize Medical/Surgical Market Leaders
September 17, 2007 – GHX announced the winners of the fourth annual Best In Class Awards, recognizing medical/surgical and clinical laboratory manufacturers that have achieved top market position in their respective product and market segment categories for distributed products through the end of 2006.
The awards honor 26 leading medical/surgical and clinical laboratory manufacturers in five market segments and 35 product categories, ranging from gloves to wound care. Winners were determined using GHX Market Intelligence reports that analyze national distributed sales transaction data provided by 24 U.S. distributors. While manufacturers are not required to be GHX customers in order to qualify for or win the Best In Class awards, many of this year’s award winners use GHX Market Intelligence to gain market share.
The 2007 GHX Best In Class product category award winners are:
• Adhesives, Bandages, Dressings, Sponges - Medline Industries Inc.
• Cardiology-Cardiovascular - GE Healthcare
• Catheter, Diagnostics and Therapeutics - Bard Access Systems
• Electromedical - Welch Allyn Inc.
• Electrosurgical - Covidien, formerly United States Surgical
• Enteral Feeding and Medical Nutritionals - Nestle Nutrition
• Gloves - Molnlycke Health Care US LLC
• Hazardous Waste Control - Heritage Bag Company
• Heat/Cold Therapy - Arizant Healthcare Inc.
• Hematology/Coagulation Reagents/Supplies - bioMerieux Inc.
• Immunology Reagents/ Supplies - Inverness Medical Innovations Inc.
• Incontinence Products - Medline Industries Inc.
• Kits, Packs and Trays, Standard - Braun Medical Inc.
• Kits, Packs and Trays, Custom - AVID Medical Inc.
• Masks - Cardinal Health Inc.
• Metal/Plastics/Paper Products - Kimberly-Clark Health Care
• Microbiology Reagents and Supplies - Remel Inc.
• Needles and Syringes - Novo Nordisk
• Ostomy - Coloplast Corp.
• Parenteral - B. Braun Medical Inc.
• Patient Care Products, Medical - Huntleigh Technology PLC
• Point of Care Testing Reagents/Suppliers - Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics
• Pressure Monitoring - GE Healthcare
• Respiratory - Vital Signs Inc.
• Skin Care - Enturia Inc.
• Solutions/Nutritional - B. Braun Medical Inc.
• Specimen Collection Kits and Supplies - Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics
• Sterilization - Kimberly-Clark Health Care
• Surgical Instruments and Devices - 3M Health Care
• Urinalysis Reagents/Supplies - Roche Diagnostics
• Urological - Coloplast Corp.
• Wound Care - Molnlycke Health Care US LLC
• Wound Staples and Endosurgery - Covidien
• Wound Sutures - Covidien
• Woven and Non-woven Goods - Medline Industries Inc.
The 2007 GHX Best In Class market segment award winners were selected based on the highest sales volumes for 2006. They are as follows:
• Home Health Care - Johnson & Johnson
• Hospital - Cardinal Health Inc.
• Long Term Care - Medline Industries Inc.
• Physician - BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
• Treatment Centers - Medline Industries Inc.
The awards were presented Sept. 15, during a recognition ceremony at the annual Healthcare Industry Distributors Association (HIDA) MedSurg Conference and Expo in Boston.
GHX Market Intelligence, formerly HPIS, tracks and reports on more than $30 billion of distributed sales for medical-surgical and clinical laboratory supplies and devices.
For more information: www.ghx.com