GNAX Health Announces GNAX SDEX Secure DICOM Exchange
Jan. 21, 2013 — GNAX Health announced the availability of GNAX SDEX Secure digital imaging and communications in medicine (DICOM) Exchange, allowing hospitals, ACOs and HIEs the ability to transfer medical images securely. The announcement was made by Jeff Hinkle, CEO, GNAX, at the Radiological Society of North America's 98th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting in Chicago, Ill.
SDEX is a simple, streamlined Web-based portal for medical image sharing for healthcare providers. Images are exchanged and viewable regardless of picture archive and communications system (PACS) used. "SDEX breaks down PACS-driven barriers and silos traditionally associated with image sharing and viewing," mentions Hinkle. And most importantly, the system supports faster and more efficient patient care.
"Images are the foundation for correct patient diagnosis and continuity of care, yet they are traditionally shared by patients hand-carrying them from specialist to specialist," adds Hinkle. "SDEX replaces hand-carrying CDs, films and manila folders with a secure, cloud-based image exchange." More efficient patient care and fewer repeat exams are the result of electronic, versus manual image exchange.
SDEX is offered as an enhancement to GNAX's vendor neutral archive (VNA) customers. Diagnostic quality viewing is available from the cloud or onsite. Users are also able to exchange images with other GNAX VNA and non-GNAX customers seamlessly.
SDEX solves a variety of cost, security and regulatory challenges in radiology.
- Reduces technology costs — completely managed and hosted at GNAX's HIPAA compliant, geographically redundant SSAE16 Type-II certified data centers.
- Provides a zero-foot print diagnostic quality DICOM viewer.
- Offers tight integration to a providers' electronic health records (HER) or existing HIE.
- Manages access across the enterprise.
- Delivers comprehensive audit logging and on-demand reporting for HIPAA.
- Creates emergency, break-the-glass access for critical, emergency patient care situations.
SDEX is capable of integrating with the provider's systems enabling simplified searches based on patient name and secure single-sign-on using provider-based authentication. Janakan Rajendran, chief information officer for GNAX Health adds that "federated searches allow users to view and exchange images stored in either exchanging provider's PACS, local edge device or in the cloud, making the location of the image transparent to the end user."
For more information: www.gnaxhealth.com
More like this
- Cloud Storage and Vendor-Neutral Archive Showcased at SIIM 2012
- PACS VNA Offers Cost Benefits, Security
- Agfa HealthCare enterprise imaging joins EMC Select program
- Sentara Healthcare: VNA Readiness and Launch
- ClearDATA to Provide TeraMedica VNA Solution as Part of Medical Image Cloud Management Solution