Hansen’s Robotic Sensei Catheter Ok’d for EU
May 18, 2007 — Hansen Medical Inc. said Thursday it obtained approval in the European Union for its Sensei robotic catheter system and Artisan catheter, which allows the company to begin marketing the system in the EU.
Mountain View, CA,-based Hansen is a developer of robotic technology for control of catheter movement during cardiac procedures.
In April, the company said it began shipments of two Sensei systems to its European sales distributor. One system has been installed at a customer site in the Czech Republic and the transaction, which was recorded as deferred revenue in the first quarter, will now be recognized as revenue for the second quarter of 2007.
The second system is expected to be installed at the customer site within the next several weeks, and will be recognized as revenue upon completion, the San Jose Business Journal reported.
For more information visit www.hansenmedical.com
More like this
- GE Healthcare, Hansen Collaborate on use of Fluoroscopic Imaging With Robotic Catheter System for EP Procedures
- Robotic Catheter Facilitates Manipulation, Positioning, Control
- Hansen Unveils New Robotic Catheter System, Catheters for Advanced Navigation in the Heart
- Hansen Worldwide Survey of AF Ablation With Robotic Navigation Presented at AHA
- Hansen Teams Robotics With St. Jude EP Mapping System