Health Canada Approves Abbott's XIENCE V Drug Eluting Stent
September 3, 2009 – Abbott said last week it received approval from Health Canada for the XIENCE V Everolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent System for the treatment of coronary artery disease (CAD).
Abbott said XIENCE V is the only drug-eluting stent to have demonstrated superiority over the TAXUS Paclitaxel-Eluting Coronary Stent System in the primary endpoints of two randomized, pivotal (phase III) clinical trials. Abbott will launch XIENCE V in Canada immediately.
"XIENCE V is an important next-generation treatment option combining impressive deliverability with demonstrated efficacy and safety," said Guy Leclerc, M.D., FRCPC, FACC, interventional cardiologist and associate professor of research, Centre Hospitalier de l'Universite de Montreal. "With strong, long-term data supporting it, XIENCE V is a welcome addition for treating patients with coronary artery disease."
For more information: www.abbott.com
More like this
- Abbott's XIENCE V Cleared for Treatment of Coronary Artery Disease
- Boston Scientific, Abbott Offer New Everolimus-Eluting Coronary Stents
- Boston Scientific Offers PROMUS Everolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent System
- Abbott Receives CE Mark for Xience PRIME Drug-Eluting Stent
- Everolimus-Eluting Stents Gain Japanese Clearance