Health Canada Approves New Mechanical Heart Valve
June 25, 2008 - Health Canada - Medical Device Bureau, Therapeutic Products Programme, has approved the use of the ATS Open Pivot AP360 Mechanical Heart Valve, allowing ATS to offer a valve designed according to specific valve selection criteria of cardiac surgeons.
The ATS AP360 heart valve maximizes hemodynamic performance with a new supra-annular cuff design that facilitates implantation. The original ATS Medical Open Pivot Heart Valve is highly regarded for fundamental design features that promote best-in-class hemodynamic performance, enhanced resistance to blood clot formation and improved patient quality of life through quieter valve operation.
In a response to the highly individualized and specific valve selection criteria of cardiac surgeons, particularly with respect to implantability, the ATS AP360 combines performance with a cuff design that extends its appeal to a broader spectrum of surgeons.
For more information: www.atsmedical.com
More like this
- Health Canada Approves New Mechanical Heart Valve
- Low-dose Anticoagulation Therapy Can Be Used Safely With New Design Mechanical Heart Valve
- Health Canada Approves Abbott's MitraClip Device
- Mechanical Engineer Invents Heart Valve Replacement Procedure that Does Not Disturb the Heart
- FDA Says Pradaxa Should Not be Used in Patients With Mechanical Heart Valves