HIMSS 2009 Registrants Surpasses 27,000
May 5, 2009 - The Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) reported that the final registration figures for the 2009 Annual Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society Conference & Exhibition tallied 27,429 total registrants.
The breakdown of the registrants was as follows:
- 6 percent decrease from the 29,177 at HIMSS08
- 13 percent increase over the 24,202 at HIMSS07
There were 12,564 total professional registrants:
- 2.5 percent decrease from the 12,867 at HIMSS08
- 19 percent increase over the 10,523 at HIMSS07
- 1,388 clinicians
- 4,567 C-Suite attendees
- 4,044 healthcare facilities
- 14 percent of attendees were not based in the U.S.
- 38 percent of attendees were decision makers
- 37 percent of attendees were decision influencers
- 26 percent of attendees indicated this was their first HIMSS Conference.
Of the 907 exhibiting companies and organizations, there was a:
- 4 percent decrease from the 942 at HIMSS08
- 2 percent increase over the 889 at HIMSS07
The next HIMSS Conference & Exhibition will be March 1 – 4, 2010, in Atlanta.
For more information: himss.org