HIMSS Debuts Online Buyer’s Guide
February 24, 2009 – The Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) today introduced its HIMSS Online Buyer’s Guide, a Web-based tool with companies listing relevant information on their healthcare IT products and services.
“With the relationships we have developed throughout the industry, HIMSS is recognized as the leading resource for educational and business resources in healthcare IT,” said H. Stephen Lieber, CAE, HIMSS president/CEO. “This convenient resource gives companies listing their products, and healthcare providers using the online guide, the advantage of saving time. When providers find products or services of interest, they can use the built-in Request for Information link that is part of the system.”
The HIMSS Online Buyer’s Guide:
- Identifies the vendors and products that meet providers’ needs
- Is available to healthcare organizations, free of charge, 24/7 as a convenient resource with information including vendor and product summaries, key sales contacts, markets, business partners, operating requirements, features/functions and product testimonials
- Offers side-by-side comparisons of products and services
- Simplifies the Request-for-Information process with an RFI link to subscribing companies
- Includes vendors validated through HIMSS Analytics for meeting category specifications
Healthcare organizations can search the database by company name/description, location or product category and sub-category. For example, each of the 30 product categories are further defined by sub-categories so that providers can locate a specific type of product, such as an electronic medical record (category) clinical data repository (sub-category).
To facilitate the search process for users, the HIMSS Online Buyers Guide also lists products by the exhibit floor categories of the HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition, where many healthcare decision-makers first connect with the hundreds of healthcare IT exhibitors.
The HIMSS Online Buyer’s Guide is free to providers researching the healthcare IT market. Companies listing their products and services pay an annual fee to be part of the online directory with a discount available for HIMSS corporate members and exhibitors.
For more information: http://onlinebuyersguide.himss.org/