HIMSS Offers Webinar Series on Federal Funding of HIT
February 17, 2009 – Over the next several weeks, the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) is offering several education opportunities for its members on the implications and opportunities of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, expected to include $19 billion for health IT and to be signed into law this week.
HIMSS will host a five-part series of webinars about this industry-changing development. All webinars are free for HIMSS members. The webinars include:
- Overview and analysis of the “American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009” H. Stephen Lieber, CAE, HIMSS President & CEO, Wednesday, Feb. 18, 3 p.m. ET
- Privacy and Security Implications Lisa Gallagher, BSEE, CISM, CPHIMS, HIMSS Senior Director of Privacy and Security, Monday, Feb. 23, Noon ET
- Funding for Health IT, Michael Paddock, CEO of Grants Office, LLC, Wednesday, March 4, Noon ET
- The Act’s Impact on ONC, the National eHealth Collaborative, CCHIT, and HITSP John Halamka, M.D., CIO of Beth Israel Deaconess and Harvard Medical School, Mark Leavitt, M.D., Ph.D., FHIMSS, Chairman of CCHIT, Wednesday, March 11, Noon ET
- Healthcare Quality Ramifications Jonathan Teich, FACMI, FHIMSS, M.D., Ph.D., CMIO of Elsevier, Wednesday, March 18, Noon ET
For more information: www.himss.org
More like this
- HIMSS Publishes Its Definitions of "Meaningful Use"
- HIMSS Touts Strong Attendance Numbers from Annual Show
- HIMSS 2009 on Track for Record-Breaking Registration
- HIMSS Publishes Its Definitions of ‘Meaningful Use’
- Drug Information Association Hosts Conference on Cardiovascular Safety, QT/Arrhythmia Assessment in Drug Development