Invatec Launches REEF HP PTA Balloon Catheter in Europe
October 1, 2009 – Invatec recently launched the REEF HP PTA Balloon Catheter at CIRSE 2009, which the company said is ideal for use in all peripheral high-pressure dilatation procedures.
The “lesion-specific” design of the balloon material is particularly useful in “hard-to-dilate” situations and the availability of variable shaft lengths mean that the Reef HP is equally suited to both arterio-venous shunts (50 cm shaft), and peripheral applications (80/120 cm shaft).
The company said the REEF HP is a robust and highly stable balloon, capable of counter-acting even the most severe arterial lesions, with minimal slippage and a high pressure threshold. The “lesion-specific” design is ideal for use in dialysis patients whose AV shunts often create short, fibrous, and hard-to-dilate lesions where the shunt is connected to the native vessel.
The REEF HP balloon is made from Invatec’s proprietary FLEXITEC XF, an extremely durable material with a large working pressure range of up to 22 bar, offering complete control during high pressure procedures. It is also a low compliant balloon, offering a uniform dilatation force and strong shape retention to dilate resistive lesions with greater success and extreme stability.
For more information: www.invatec.com
More like this
- Invatec Launches REEF HP PTA Balloon Catheter in Europe
- Cordis Launches Saber PTA Dilatation Balloon for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Boston Scientific Launches Mustang PTA Balloon Catheter Worldwide
- Boston Scientific Launches Charger PTA Balloon Catheter
- Invatec, Cardiovascular Systems Pen Distribution Agreement for PTA Balloon Catheters