IVUS With Integrated Plaque Spectroscopy Highlighted at TCT
September 20, 2010 - A new intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) coronary imaging system integrating plaque spectroscopy to better guide therapy will be highlighted during the annual Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) meeting.
The LipiScan Intravascular ultrasound coronary imaging system, made by InfraReDx, utilizes a multimodality imaging catheter that combines near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy IVUS. This enables interventional cardiologists to rapidly determine both the structure of plaque (via IVUS) along with its chemical composition (via NIR spectroscopy). NIR spectroscopy is the only technology cleared by the FDA specifically for detecting lipid-core coronary plaques (LCP). Such plaques can adversely impact the safety of stenting and are associated with heart attacks that occur in those who have received stents and in the general population.
The system will be featured in the following sessions:
• Hands-on Product Education and Training - Thursday, Sept. 23 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.), Friday, Sept. 24 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and Saturday, Sept. 25 (9 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
• Breakfast Symposium - Thursday, Sept. 23 (7 a.m.)
A panel of interventional cardiologists will present their perspectives on the importance of identifying plaque composition, the clinical applicability of detecting vulnerable plaque, multimodality imaging technologies, determining optimal stent length, and detecting and managing lesions at risk for distant embolization.
• Live Case Demonstrations - Thursday, Sept. 23 and Friday, Sept. 24 (see the TCT 2010 onsite schedule for specific times)
• Scientific Symposia - Tuesday, Sept. 21 (8 a.m. to 6 p.m). An additional wrap-up session also takes place Saturday, Sept. 25 (3 to 5 p.m.)
• Concurrent Sessions - Friday, Sept. 24 (2 to 6 p.m.)
• Poster Abstract Sessions - Wednesday, Sept. 22 (1:30 to 3:30 p.m.)
For more information: www.infraredx.com
More like this
- Initial Clinical Experience With LipiScan Spectroscopy Highlighted at TCT 2009
- Funding Raised to Launch New IVUS-Plaque Imaging System
- InfraReDx Raises $24.1 Million to Fund Expansion of LipiScan IVUS
- InfraReDx Launches Intravascular TVC Imaging System
- FDA Clears IVUS System Combining Near-Infrared Spectroscopy