JCAHO Grants Gold Seal to Merge PreReads
December 1, 2007 – The Merge Healthcare Teleradiology division of Merge Healthcare earned the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval by demonstrating compliance with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization’s (JCAHO) national standard for healthcare quality and safety.
Merge Healthcare, on November 20, 2007, submitted a new teleradiology application called Merge TeleRead and a new teleradiology service, Consult PreReads, an image pre-reading service of its newly formed Merge Healthcare Teleradiology division. Consult PreReads are provided by remotely-based radiologists.
“We have established our systems and processes to support the Joint Commission’s strict licensing and credentialing verification, especially in regard to healthcare quality and patient safety,” said Kenneth Rardin, Merge Healthcare CEO. “We go beyond those standards with other types of verifications and references to ensure the highest level of Consult PreReads.”
According to Michael Kulczycki, executive director, Ambulatory Care Accreditation Program, The Joint Commission, “Achieving accreditation demonstrates that Merge Healthcare voluntarily sought an independent evaluation of its compliance with state-of-the-art performance standards.”
For more information: www.mergehealthcare.com
More like this
- Merge Healthcare Teleradiology Receives Accreditation From Joint Commission
- Merge to Introduce Teleradiology Product, Service Offering at RSNA
- Merge to Bring New Teleradiology Software, Service Offering to RSNA
- Merge Creates New Teleradiology Software, Service Offering
- Merge Releases Software Package Designed to Accelerate Teleradiology Workflow