KytoSate Engineered to Stop Femoral Bleeding
April 1, 2008 – A new high-performance bandage made from the same blood-stopping technology the U.S. Army uses in Afghanistan and Iraq was featured at ACC 2008.
When in direct contact with blood and pressure is applied — including the Femoral Artery — the KytoStat Bandage stops bleeding while sealing and protecting the wound.
The bandage comes in a variety of sizes, including 4 inches by 4 inches, 1-inch by 4 inches or 3 inches by 28 inches. The KytoStat Bandage is engineered with chitosan, a compound that is naturally occurring in shrimp shells. The proprietary manufacturing process used to create the bandage reportedly makes KytoStat 30 times more effective than leading competitors.
For more information: www.hemcon.com
More like this
- BloodSTOP Hemostatic Gauze Granted FDA Approval
- High-Tech BloodSTOP Hemostatic Gauze Granted FDA Approval
- Wound Management Aids Infection Control
- HemCon, Cardinal Health Launch Battle-Tested, Life-Saving Dressings
- Cardinal Health Launches Battle-Tested, Life-Saving Dressings for Acute Care Professionals