Linear, Transmural Lesions Completed in Seconds
The AtriCure Ablation and Sensing Unit (ASU) is a device that makes linear and transmural lesions in a matter of seconds. The system can demonstrate when a transmural lesion has been formed by measuring the conductance of soft tissue, and it only takes a few seconds by using its patented method of targeting ablative energy.
The system has the ability to evaluate the conductance of tissue as it is being ablated. This is done 10 times per second — at the very moment that the lesion becomes transmural, or no longer able to conduct energy, the ASU gives a signal.
Using discrete field bipolar radiofrequency, the AtriCure ASU delivers targeted ablative energy while simultaneously measuring the change in conductive properties of the lesion as it is created.
More like this
- Linear, Transmural Lesions Completed in Seconds
- Accuro Diagnostic Imaging
- PET/CT Helps Predict, Detect Lung Cancer Recurrence After Radiofrequency Ablation
- Bi-Atrial Lesion Pattern Produces Positive Positive Results in Afib Patients
- Head & Torso Freepoint Phantom Offers Complete QA for CT, Dose Verification