Maquet, Siemens Collaborate for Hybrid OR Installations
April 5, 2012 —Maquet and Siemens Healthcare announced they will collaborate closely to introduce a combined system for diagnostics and surgical procedures. The first systems will be delivered and installed starting May 2012.
At the center of the joint solution are Siemens’ angiography system Artis zeego1 and the Magnus operating table system from Maquet. The application is primarily intended for hybrid operating room (ORs). A decisive benefit for hospitals is its versatile range of application in the OR; the solution is planned for angiographic imaging as well as open surgery. Both Siemens and Maquet anticipate considerable growth potential for the hybrid OR in this joint development, in particular for the fields of cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedics, traumatology and urology.
The agreement will apply worldwide and be implemented by the subsidiaries of both companies individually and at a national level. In the future, Siemens Healthcare and Maquet will mutually advise customers on issues pertaining to the hybrid OR.
"We look forward to developing new global business portfolios with Siemens Healthcare and to show our customers the benefits of our combined system," said Michael Rieder, executive vice president of sales and marketing, Getinge Medical Systems.
For more information: www.maquet.com, www.medical.siemens.com
1. This product cannot yet be purchased in some countries. Due to regulatory reasons its future availability cannot be guaranteed. Detailed information can be obtained from the respective local Siemens organization.
More like this
- Hybrid Operating Room Configurations and Technologies Highlighted at SVS Annual Meeting
- Philips, Maquet Integrate Surgical Table, Cardiovascular X-Ray System
- Philips and Maquet to Provide Integrated Solution For Minimally Invasive and Open Surgical Procedures
- Maquet Restructures U.S. Sales, Services Organization to Hybrid OR Focus
- Upgraded Cardiovascular X-ray Systems Ease Navigation During Complex Procedures