Medicomp Introduces Atrial Fibrillation Monitoring Service
July 27, 2007 - Medicomp Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of United Therapeutics Corporation, recently introduced CardioPAL SAVI, an atrial fibrillation (AF) burden statistical package available on an ambulatory cardiac event monitor designed to assess the severity of a patient’s AF over an extended period.
The monitoring service provides comprehensive AF Burden statistical package, and the technology uses beat-to-beat independent and concurrent analysis of rate, rhythm, morphology and p-wave abnormalities to capture atrial fibrillation and other arrhythmias. The algorithm reportedly does not require any input from the patient; both symptomatic and asymptomatic AF episodes are automatically captured.
The monitoring targets individuals who have AF face an increased risk of stroke, heart failure and sudden cardiac death. Patients wear the monitor for days or weeks, before and after AF treatment giving their physician a true AF burden picture to assist physicians in accurately assessing the severity of a patient’s AF over an extended period.
More like this
- Medicomp Introduces Atrial Fibrillation Monitoring Service
- Transoma’s Second-Generation ICM System Enters Market
- New Hybrid Maze Technique Treats AFib Patients
- Atritech Files Pre-Market Approval Application for WATCHMAN LAA Closure Technology
- CardioNet Launches Enhanced Reporting Package for the Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation