Medrad Connect.RIS Application Links RIS, Contrast Injection Systems
December 29, 2011 — Medrad Inc. recently released the Certegra Informatics Connect.RIS vendor-neutral informatics application. The system establishes connectivity between Medrad's Stellant contrast-injection systems, and hospital radiology reporting systems and radiology information systems (RIS).
The Connect.RIS application auto-populates contrast-injection records into radiology reporting systems and RIS, eliminating the need for radiologists to look-up or dictate contrast-injection records. In addition, the application delivers consistent patient records throughout facilities, and supports accurate and efficient billing and reconciliation processes.
Connect.RIS is part of the Certegra informatics platform, Medrad’s Contrast Dose Management solution. Certegra is comprised of a comprehensive line of products designed to support radiology professionals' clinical and administrative needs. The applications automatically document and integrate computed tomography (CT) contrast-injection records across clinical systems – using the injector as the source. Injector-based P3T software individualizes contrast protocols at the point-of-care. Certegra products work in any combination with Medrad's Stellant contrast-injection systems.
Additional Certegra software and applications include:
- Manage.Report Application (data-driven reporting and analysis across CT suites and shifts):
- Continually measures and helps radiology professionals actively manage performance department-wide
- Helps to identify and uncover root cause of atypical events, re-scans and more
- Connect.PACS application (PACS integration):
- Automatically captures and integrates CT contrast-injection records (including the protocols programmed and delivered) into picture archiving and communications systems (PACS)
- Provides radiologists new information concerning the contrast-injections associated with clinical images as they read
- Allows radiologists to relate their evaluation of clinical images to any changes made at the point-of-care to the protocol prescribed
- P3T software line (personalized CT contrast protocols for abdomen, cardiac and pulmonary angiography studies):
- Enables consistent protocol optimization across patient populations and simplifies complex study administration
- Enables a higher percentage of diagnostic studies and reduces the potential for unnecessary rescans
For more information: www.medrad.com