MEDRAD Contrast Media Injection Device Adds Safety, Design
MEDRAD Inc. won a Medical Design Excellence Award (MDEA) for the MEDRAD XDS Extravasation Detector, a device for the enhancement of the safety of contrast media injection through early detection of extravasations.
The XDS continuously monitors the tissue immediately surrounding and directly beneath the injection site for changes in relative permittivity signaling fluid accumulation.
Medrad worked with Battelle to develop the technology from exploration through product development. MEDRAD and Battelle jointly invented the electrical permittivity technology that enables XDS and developed the commercial product.The MDEA competition is a prestigious program recognizing medical product excellence and the achievements of medical product manufacturers.
More like this
- MEDRAD Contrast Media Injection Device Adds Safety, Design
- MEDRAD Injection System Senses Media Pooling, Stops Injection
- Medrad Connect.RIS Application Links RIS, Contrast Injection Systems
- MEDRAD, Battelle Win Award for Contrast Media Injection Device
- Bayer Launches Medrad Mark 7 Arterion Angiography Injection System