Medtronic, Abbott Settle Stent Litigation
July 29, 2009 – Medtronic Inc. said earlier this week it has reached a settlement with Abbott Laboratories over intellectual property litigation regarding stent design and stent delivery systems.
Terms of the agreement stipulate that neither party will sue each other in the field of coronary stent and stent delivery systems for a period of at least 10 years, subject to certain conditions. The agreement includes a $400 million settlement payment to be made to Abbott and also results in a $42 million success payment to evYsio Medical Devices LLC, as part of a Medtronic sublicense to Abbott of the evYsio stent design technology
Following the resolution of these disputes with Abbott, Medtronic has now resolved or settled substantially all intellectual property litigation affecting the stent design and stent delivery systems of its bare metal and drug-eluting stent franchise.
For more information: www.medtronic.com
More like this
- Boston Scientific, Medtronic Reach Agreement on Cardiology, Endovascular Repair Patent Disputes
- Cordis, Boston Scientific 14 Stent, Balloon Patent Lawsuits
- Angiotech, J&J Settle Paclitaxel Stent Patent Litigation
- French Patent Court Rules Against Abbott’s DES
- Stent Makers Settle Three Patent Disputes for $1.7 Billion